Monday, June 5, 2017

Baby Grandpa and Grandma

   A few weeks ago my "Up the hill" grandparents came. Well, this weekend, we were visited by my "Baby" grandparents(The Shearers) and it was lovely. There is something so special about getting to introduce your baby to your grandparents.
Grandpa, Grandma and Buirlen

   I was telling a friend the other day something I remember about my Grandma Shearer is that she made fudgesicles when we were little. She also makes awesome homemade grape juice and bread and butter pickles. 
   Visits to Grandpa and Grandma's always involved sitting around their kitchen table and playing games and in the summer we would have picnics at the Oasis, a portion of their farm with a pond and canoe, cabin, fire pit, and tree swing. 
    My Grandma made each of her grandkids a blanket when we were born. I think things like that are special and I still have mine. Well, Grandma is still at it and made a beautiful quilt for Buirlen. 

Buirlen and his "grandma blanket"


My sister Lydia and I chilling with Grandpa.

Grandpa and Buirlen getting acquainted 

Grandpa and Grandma, Lydia(1 year) and me


Grandma has that special touch, Buirlen was just about asleep

I am so thankful for these people. 


"What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And most importantly, cookies."  ~Rudy Giuliani 




1 comment:

  1. That is pretty neat that Buirlen has great-grandparents to be a part of his life!

    ReplyDelete