Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Post Office

      I had to drop a package off at the post office yesterday. Going to the post office is not the best idea the week of Christmas, the line was backed up to the door. But, I was already there, so I hopped in line with Buirlen in my arms, and proceeded to inch my way towards the front. Not long after I got in the line a gentleman got in line behind us. He was old enough to be my Grandpa and instantly started smiling and making faces at Buirlen. While we waited in line, the gentleman talked about what a blessing children are and what an important job moms have in raising our babies. He said, 'They[children] are our future."
      We finally made it to the front of the line and Buirlen and I  headed out to our next errand. I started thinking about how, throughout the years, when I would be out with my Grandpa Kinney, he would always find someone to talk to, the waitress, the lady and her kid sitting next to us at the restaurant, the clerk at the grocery store, someone. He'd find a way to connect with them and usually, make them smile. He carries the joy of the LORD with him and he spreads it. Well yesterday, I was on the other end of the situation. A stranger, someone else's grandpa, took the time to chat with me and my baby. To make me smile, and spread some joy. I have a feeling that that gentleman also carries the joy of the LORD with him. And I felt blessed. If you carry the Joy of Jesus, spread it everywhere you go! Make someone in the post office line smile.
      And now on this glorious winter's day, with the sun shinning bright and the wind whipping up the snow, let the Joy of the LORD saturate your soul. Happy Tuesday.


"Joy is a net of love by which you catch souls." ~Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. That is so lovely how some people are so quick and good at spreading love and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatrice and I had a lovely PO experience on Monday too. We were in line 45 minutes and everyone was chatting with their neighbors. There was an employee who came out and helped making sure everyone had what they needed so they could be as efficient as can be at the window. She was extra cheery so it really livened up when she came out. It was almost sad to see it end.

    ReplyDelete