Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Promise

A few days ago I received an amazing gift, a ring from the love of my life. When he slipped it on my finger it became a promise of something beautiful. A promise to love me forever. I naturally was very excited and have not stopped staring at my finger since. And then I realized something, I've also received a promise from the One who created the universe. God saw me before I took my first breath and said, "She's mine and I'm going to love her forever." And though I don't wear a ring from God, He reminds every day of the love He has for me. Whether it's in the beauty of a sunrise, a gentle rain, a birds song or a child's laugh, I am constantly reminded that I am loved by the One who made me. And I wonder, why do I ever doubt this? Why do I sometimes wake up and fear that just maybe God's not going to love me today? That is the craziest thing in the world because If I know that a mere human being could love me so much and want to spend the rest of his life with me, how could I ever doubt the love of One who is so much greater. So I wear this ring, as a reminder that I am loved.



"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered. I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me." --Psalm 139:17-18

"How do you spell love?" asked Piglet. "You don't spell love," said Pooh, "You feel it."

No comments:

Post a Comment