Saturday, January 3, 2015

Choose Peace

I decided that I needed to have a theme verse for this year. A verse that encompasses what I want to learn about and grow in this year. I chose two. 

Isaiah 26:3
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

Deuteronomy 30:9
" I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live."

I chose the verse from Isaiah, because I often find myself struggling to find peace. I allow fears and worries to get comfy in my mind and soon I start to listen to and believe what I they are saying and let me tell you there is no peace once that starts happening. I have often started to believe that the fears are God. My husband has really been trying to help me understand that God is peace and thus He isn't going to use fear to control my life. And so, I chose this verse because the One who breathed life into me the day I was born will continue to breathe His life into me if I keep my mind firmly grounded in Him. He is life.  He is Perfect Peace.  

The second verse fits right in with all of this. The main idea that I am pulling on her is "Choose Life." Jesus is life and by doing what the Isaiah verse says and keeping my mind fixed on the Creator of life I will be choosing life, because I will be choosing peace. God is Joy, God is Peace, God is Life. Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment