Monday, January 5, 2015

Home

      So awhile ago I wrote that my husband and I were in the process of buying our first house. We finally closed the deal at the end of October and it has been great. We love having our own space and the ability to truly make it our own. 
Home Sweet Home
Luke has a three car attached garage plus this pole shed. He is a happy camper and our cars are happy too now that we have hit the sub-zero January weather of Minnesota.

The wreath was a house warming gift from my dear friend Keren Ruth.
I've been feeding the birds. My regular customers are a blue jay and a bunch of chickadees.

We have a room just for office stuff and all our books and my sewing and painting.
Places to display my dishes.
Part of the indoor garden.
I had this mystery plant that finally sprouted. The Forget Me Nots from the summer before decided to reappear.
We love have a big kitchen. The table at rest seats five. Stretched out we can seat nine.

My Lumber Jack

We heat the house with an outdoor wood boiler. Luke has spent a lot of time splitting wood. Keeping the fire going is a job that we both enjoy. Though I don't know how much Luke likes it when he has to go out at 2AM to make sure it keeps going through the really cold nights.

So there you have it.

“Home is the nicest word there is.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder






No comments:

Post a Comment