Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gardening

      Last night we left the window open. I woke up early this morning hearing birds singing. Then a little later in the morning I heard the sweet sound of rain. This afternoon, while I was out gardening, I heard a wonderful frog choir rehearsing in the swamp across the road, it was lovely.
       Awhile back our wonderful friends gave us a housewarming gift of gardening supplies. Well I figured it was probably safe to finally plant things outside, so today I played in the dirt.

     Right now it doesn't look that exciting, but if everything I planted comes up it will be absolutely lovely! That's a flowering almond bush and I planted sunflowers, hollyhocks, sweet peas, evening primrose, poppies, zinnias, and sweet williams.
The Lovely Keren Ruth gave me this happy plant. Gerbera daisies are one of my favorite flowers.
We have a few strawberry plants coming up.
And Luke did a bit of home maintenance.
Happy Sunday.


"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul." ~Alfred Austin


"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~Marcus Tullius Cicero



1 comment: