Friday, May 15, 2015

Teaching

       I'm a teacher and I absolutely love my job.  The funny thing is that all growing up I adamantly said that I was NOT ever going to be a teacher. That was what my sister wanted to be and I didn't think I was cut out for it. I believe I even said I would rather be tortured than ever become a teacher.  
       My mindset started to change when I was 19. I had decided to go on a 5 month mission trip to Namibia, Africa through Africa Inland Mission. I was told that I would be living in a small town and working at the preschool in the poorest district. And so I went.  I'm pretty sure I didn't really accomplish much as far as teaching those kids, but I think that God was teaching me something because my mind was starting to change. I started to think that maybe I might actually want to teach. When I got back to the States I was still thinking that way. I figured it was probably direction from God since it was such a drastic, 180 degree, change from what I had always thought. So, I decided to pursue it.
      Now, Spring is here and I am finishing up my second year of teaching. I readily respond to the name "Mrs. Williams," I put together bulletin boards, referee arguments, give pep talks about getting through math and read lots of books. I love it and I get excited about it. God is good. Happy Friday.

"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure." ~William Feather

1 comment:

  1. I think you are pretty good at your job too! So fun when you can truly enjoy what you do.

    ReplyDelete