Friday, August 28, 2015

Dishes....An Addiction

    I have an addiction. I LOVE dishes. Not doing them necessarily, but finding beautiful ones at garage sales and second hand stores that I can't resist(Though my dear brother Jordan says my taste is a bit like a grandma's) A quick look in my kitchen cabinets confirms this. They are just so pretty. Today was one of those great garage sale find days. My little sisters and I were out treasure hunting and we were going to stop at just one more on the way home. And there they were, the set that matches the cups I had found earlier at a second hand store.
Dinner plates, dessert plates, bowls, cups and saucers. So lovely. This set wasn't quite all the way complete but last summer I found a complete 8 piece set with all the above mentioned pieces. They are some of my favorites.
It's fun, though we now have 5 different sets of plates. But these are the only 2 complete(or almost complete sets. What makes you smile when you find it at a garage sale? Happy Friday.

"Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk of happy things." ~Chaim Potok

"Never underestimate the power of a woman with a newspaper, a map, and a wallet full of small bills on a Saturday morning." ~Unknown 



No comments:

Post a Comment