Saturday, August 15, 2015

Roscoe

     At the beginning of the summer, Luke and I sold Theodore, our much loved and trusty Montero. We did it because we wanted to get a pickup, something that we could haul stuff with and such. Well this past week we finally got one. It's an old '88 Toyota and Luke is quite happy with it. We like to name our vehicles(Theodore, Emerson, and Randolph) and thus we obviously needed to come up with an appropriate name. Luke didn't like my suggestions of Bernard, Willard, or Bruno. But he finally came up with Roscoe. It works.
Today we decided to test out his off-roading capabilities. It was fun.
Mud puddles(and driving through them)....Great fun for kids of all ages.
     This week has been HOT! When I was a kid my mom always said how it seemed like the time to can garden produce fell around the hottest part of the summer. Well, I followed along in her footsteps today by deciding to try my hand at canning for the first time. My mother-in-law had given me some big green beans from her garden so that I could try making green bean pickles(my sister-in-law Abbi made them a few years back and I really liked them.) Luke watched me put the red pepper flakes in and mentioned that they will probably be really spicy. Hopefully the tasty factor will be there to balance out the hot factor.
Driving home tonight.
Happy Saturday.



"Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable." ~Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment