Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chair Deja Vu

   Not all that long ago, I posted about my freshly painted, kitchen chairs. I mentioned "Giving a moose a muffin," and that I had already started another project. It's like cleaning one spot on your wall; once you get started you see all the other spots that could also be cleaned. All that to say, after finishing the kitchen chairs I started in on the entryway chairs. 
   Luke's parents found these for us at a second hand store a couple years ago. They work great as a bench in the entryway and frequently get pulled into the kitchen when we have lots of company. 
  Useful as they are, I have never found them to be particularly beautiful. However, it never occurred to me that I could do anything to change that until a friend of mine was telling me about how she had recovered something and it really wasn't that hard.

Step 1: Remove the seats(Though technically the first step was to spend some time in the craft store debating with myself over which fabric I should pick).
  
Step 2: Sanding. These chairs were a breeze to sand in comparison to the kitchen chairs. They weren't all paint splattered and have flat surfaces, rather than curved, so I could use the power sander.

Step 3: Recover the seats. Luke stapled the new fabric onto the seats for me.(Look at those lovely kitchen chairs)


Step 4. gluing them because they were a bit wiggly.
Step 5. Was paint, then realize that they had some bubbly drips and therefore sanding again and repainting. Ugh!
Step 6. Reassemble and marvel at how fresh and beautiful they look. 

Look at all that lovely BLUE!

Yay!


Happy Wednesday.

"Working on new projects gives you the opportunity to learn and absorb new things." ~Michelle Ryan




1 comment: