Wednesday, August 23, 2017

How Does the Garden Grow 2017

     My garden has been making me happy lately. Last summer, I planted a garden then got pregnant and super tired and the garden became a jungle and I just let it go. This summer, My Love had some large roofing tarps that we were able to cover the garden with so weeding has been a breeze. 

One corner of the garden we left un-tarped and planted cosmos, zinnias, and wildflowers. 
Loveliness. 



Marigolds don't grow on a bush you say...Well they do when you plant the entire packet of seeds in a 1 foot square. A happy burst of color.


Looking up at one of the sunflowers. They are SO TALL!



I'm not sure what's up with the Morning Glories this year. They just bloomed this week and they are still pathetically short, but pretty nonetheless. 

So far we've eaten onions, beans, peppers, a few baby carrots, and collards from the garden. Oh, and a few tomatoes but they seem to be taking their sweet time ripening. I will say though, collards+butter=deliciousness! 


We have a fence around the garden, but unfortunately this year it just wasn't enough and the deer decided we were a pretty good place to stop in for a quick snack. I took some anti-deer measures by hanging the red flags, and then my friend Katy, who is sharing the garden with me, came over and we strung over a 100 jingle bells in the hopes that the noise would be a deterrent to future four-footed snackers. 



Garden Bedazzlement 

     I was thinking the other day about how this little guy is with me pretty much 24/7. We go everywhere together and rarely is he more than 1/2 a house away from me, and then pretty much only if he's sleeping. While he's awake, he hangs out with me doing whatever it is I'm doing. And we like it that way. 
    All that to say, The One who created the beauty of the garden and put the sparkle in the sweet baby's eyes, wants that with us. He wants to be part of every little aspect of our day. Buirlen doesn't much care for it when I set him down and walk away for a minute, and The One who loves our souls desires that with us. Buirlen needs me, he feels safe and happy when I'm with him and generally just wants me there. That is what our relationship with our Heavenly Father should look like, because on our own we are as helpless as a baby.
     So, I hope today that you lean back and rest in the love of God, a love so big and fathomless that you will never fully comprehend it. 

Happy Today!

"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul." ~Luther Burbank



No comments:

Post a Comment