Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Motif

Have you ever noticed something beautiful. It may be little and easily overlooked if one is not paying attention, and yet, it is always there. Like a musical motif, this beauty is always there. It occured to me that I have a motif running through my life as well. It is the grace, mercy, peace, compassion and faithfulness of the One who gave me life. No matter where I am or what is happening in my day, it is always there. And I remember this every time I see a butterfly, a small thing of beauty that consistantly appears and reminds me that I am never alone. As I was walking home the other day a butterfly floated accross my path. Over the past few months I have learned a lot from these delicate creatures. And now they are a constant reminder to me that God keeps his promises. A reminder to be still and rest, knowing that the One who made me is always with me. A reminder to chase my dreams. A reminder that life is beautiful and that I am loved. I so easily forget these things and allow my mind to start believeing otherwise. And then suddenly, out of nowhere, a butterfly lands on my shoulder and I remember. So as you walk through life with all of its bumps and twists, start looking around you, I can guarantee that if you pay attention, you will begin to see His grace, peace and mercy in a lot of ways throughout your day, those little reminders that you are loved more than you could ever imagine. See it in the laughter of a child, in the hug of one you love. See it in the delicate beauty of a flower or in the elegeant grace of a butterfly. But always remember.

"It's a wonderful feeling just being in this creative motif." --Roy Ayers

"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection." --Michelangelo

No comments:

Post a Comment