Saturday, March 14, 2015

Romans 12:12

Romans 12:12
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."

      This was the verse of the week in my classroom this past week. We read it every single day but it wasn't till Thursday that it really hit me. Some days are bad days, we struggle with fear, or doubt or whatever and life isn't easy. But then there are those days that just feel hopeful. Joy comes easier and the sun shines brightly in your heart and mind. Now because of The One who gave His life for ours, we can have hope every single day(even if we don't particularly feel it) and we need to remember that and rejoice in it. But on those days when hope seems a little more tangible don't forget to soak it in, store it up and rejoice in it.
      The next part of the verse says to be patient in tribulation. Patience isn't my strongest point and when I am neck deep in struggling with something I often wish that God would just snap His fingers and make it all better, but He tells me to be patient in it. He will pull me through.
     Then, it says to be constant in prayer. This is something that I have started working on a little bit more lately. Talk with The One who gave you the hope and who will get you through the tribulation.
     Some days will be good. Hope will shine. Rejoice. Some days will be hard. Troubles will try to drag you under and suffocate you. Be patient in them, remember the hope you so clearly had when you were rejoicing. And, through it all, keep talking to Jesus. He loves you. Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment