Friday, March 20, 2015

The Legacy of Music

      I love music. Listening to it and playing it, though I definitely don't play as much as I should. Music has been a gift in my life. Literally and figuratively. As a kid, my piano lessons were a gift. My grandparents gave me my guitar and my other grandparents have said that I can have their piano now that my love and I have a house of our own.  
      I had a wonderful piano teacher growing up. She is the one who played the music for my wedding. My college choir director/music theory teacher was also awesome. Those years in choir were great and I missed it terribly when I was done. I have many fond memories of choir tours. Such a wonderful combination of music and friends.
      I am now teaching piano lessons myself, and it is sometimes crazy to think back all those years to my first lessons. Now the role is reversed and I sit in the chair by the piano bench, writing out practice notes in a spiral notebook much like my teacher did for me.
     
Happy Friday. 
     


 “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”
~Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment