Friday, May 13, 2011

Friends and Life

Do you ever think about all the different people you come into contact throughout your life? Whether it is an acquaintance or your very best friend, people play a part in shaping who we become. When I think back, it amazes me how people can walk into your life for a season and then walk out. You can spend a piece of your life with someone, and then that time comes to an end and you both move on. And, I suppose that is just the way of life. Then we have those friends who we know will be with us through the thick and thin of life, no matter what! I have several such friends in my life. I don't know what I would do without them. They are there through the laughs and the tears, the dark places and the sunny days. As I continue on this journey of life I am thankful for the friends, the ones who last a lifetime and the ones that last for a season. They are all important and a blessing. And the amazing thing is that, everyday we have the opportunity to both be blessed and to bless the people we meet. You never know, the person you meet tomorrow may just turn out to be one of those friends that lasts a lifetime.

"A Friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
--Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment