Saturday, September 26, 2015

A Formal Affair

     This morning, a couple ladies from Church put on a Fall tea party. I woke up wondering if I should call and see if this was a "wear something like I'd wear to Church" event or more casual. But then, I just decided to call the Lovely Keren Ruth and see if she just wanted to go ahead and be really formal with me(She's good about spontaneous adventure that way.) And so we did. Out came my garment bag of bride's maid dresses. It was lovely.
      I am truly blessed to have a friend like Keren. I have often thought that I sure lucked out when I married My Love because not only did I get him, but I got an amazing friend in the deal(Keren is Luke's sister.) Friendship is such a gift!

“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."” ~C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. So glad you dressed up! Tea Parties are much better when they are nice and formal. When we were trying to figure out if we could make it today or not (a wedding to deliver and people not feeling so well - so we didn't) Mara mentioned that we would need to dress up too.

    ReplyDelete