Monday, September 14, 2015

Beautiful Days

     Today is beautiful. The sun is shinning, the air is breezy and it's warm but not hot. The light is changing and the days are starting to have that Fallish sort of feel. It's nice. I really love this time of year. My sunflowers are taller than the porch roof now. They are so fun to look at.



      School is of to a running start and I do believe that this is going to be a great year. My garden continues to do well as does the Lovely Keren Ruth's. Last weekend we made a giant turkey roaster of spaghetti sauce. When I canned it it came out to 14 jars. That was satisfying. 
      Last Thursday I went out for ice cream with the girls I worked with this summer(and the past couple of summers). Friendship is such a great thing and I love to watch how it grows. We laughed and laughed hard. I am blessed.

     This week the Lovely Keren Ruth and I watched the movie Julie and Julia and were thus inspired to try our hand at French cooking. So, the other night we made Beef Burgeon and French bread. I will say that French cuisine is not for the cook who wants a fast and easy supper. Good grief there were a lot of steps. But it tasted good.

      I am getting super excited for this coming week because it is Jackpine time. There is nothing quite like camping in the coolness of fall with some of your favorite people. And this year is even more exciting because my dear friend Miss Polly is coming up early to spend a couple days with us. Actually both Polly and her brother Bob, one of Luke's closest friends, are coming. It's going to be good.
     And to top it all off, we bought the new Matt Kearney cd the other day which is just full of good sounds. Flowers, friends, music, and memories in the making. Life is good. Happy Monday.

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are." ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment