Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Namibia Adventures Part 2

Recently I started writing about my adventures in Namibia, Africa. Here goes part 2.

Adjusting is always interesting.
September 20, 2008
"Well, I'm in Rehoboth. I got here yesterday. I am staying with a widow lady named Karla. Last night I went to the youth group of the church that I will be attending. Amanda and Alli will be going there as well. They had a welcome party for us. Everybody wanted to feed us...After youth group, Alli's family took her and I to the Rehboboth show, a.k.a. the fair. We were introduced to a Rehoboth specialty, grilled bread and sausage. It was quite good...When I got back to Karla's she fed me again. I went to bed feeling incredibly full!
     Back to today. It is 3:15 pm and I feel very lonely. I just want to be with the girls. I wish I had been paired with someone. Cathi just sent me a text message. It said, 'I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not be afraid for I am with you; do not anxiously look around you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41. Karla was nice enough to take me over to Cathi's. I gave Cathi a hug and sobbed on her shoulder before we even got inside. It was good to spend time with her. It is funny how 2 weeks ago I was in tears because I didn't know my team and I wanted to be around someone familiar. And now I was in tears because they were the only familiar people and I wanted to be with them. It is amazing how fast you can bond with people when they are all that you have."

    Cathi became a truly dear friend over the months of the trip. She and I both worked in the same small school so we would walk together every morning. We laughed a lot and I truly enjoyed her company.

"A Friend is what the heart needs all the time." ~Henry Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment